What is a holiday for, anyway?
Mother’s Day isn’t the only day we should pamper mothers, birthdays aren’t the only day we should celebrate life, and Earth Day isn’t the only day we should educate on environmental sustainability!
Earth Day is an opportunity to bring awareness to those who haven’t experienced the bliss of living in harmony with nature.
Earth Day... Every Day!
At Gnosis Chocolate, we always choose the most sustainable option in every single step of our sourcing process.
At Gnosis, we know our company has the responsibility of making products that are healthy and delicious not only for your body and taste buds, but for the planet also. We strive to raise the bar (pun intended!) for other small companies like us.
Sure, it’s more expensive to package our goodies the way we do… but only in the short run. In the long run, we save much more by choosing the more environmentally sustainable option.
By voting with our dollars, we are shifting the marketplace to make these packaging options more affordable and available in greater variety. Possibilities are endless when we decide to stand up for integrity!
Here are a few ways Gnosis shows Love for our Home, Planet Earth:
- Our Chocolate Bar boxes are FSC certified and printed with veggie inks
- Our Chocolate Bar bags are made of biodegradable NatureFlex
- Our SuperSpreads are packaged in glass, not plastic!
- Our labels are FSC Certified, made of EarthFirst PLA, and certified compostable.
- Our shipping materials are reused if at all possible
- Our printing paper is 100% post-consumer recycled.
- We minimize printed promotions and send out online newsletters instead!
- During the summer, we never use styrofoam! We use reusable ice packs.
- We ship the majority of our packages with the US Postal Service.
- And last but not least, we proudly support Organic Farming!
*Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) “has developed a set of principles and criteria for forest management that are applicable to all FSC-certified forests throughout the world. There are 10 Principles and 57 Criteria that address legal issues, indigenous rights, labor rights, multiple benefits, and environmental impacts surrounding forest management.”
Did you know that by eating chocolate, you save rainforests?
Cacao grows best in a diverse natural rainforest - intercropped with other tropical trees like bananas, mangoes, and guava - not monocropped. The Theobroma Cacao tree is a valuable “cash crop,” so when you purchase fine chocolate you are increasing the value of preserving a naturally biodiverse rainforest… along with the people who live in them!