Raw Organic Nuts
Nut Mylk Recipe
A delicious and easy to prepare alternative to dairy or soy milk with high levels of protein and other nutrients. Soaking nuts makes them easier to blend and also releases enzyme inhibitors thus making them more digestible. Most nuts generally require 8 to 12 hours of soaking for optimal digestion.
Ingredients (only first 2 are essential)
- 2 cups raw nuts
- 4-5 cups spring water
- coconut sugar or stevia
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp lucuma powder
- 1 tsp maca root powder
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- large mixing bowl
- blender (Vitamix or Blendtec recommended)
- nut milk bag or cheesecloth
- bottle with cap (preferably glass)
- submerge nuts with spring water. cover with towel & soak 4-8hrs.
- strain and rinse nuts, then blend on high with fresh water
- strain through nut mylk bag - massage until all liquid is out (use pulp for cookies & pie crusts!)
- add water and sweetener until desired creaminess and sweetness is achieved. will keep in refrigeration for 3-5 days. separation is totally natural, just shake it up!