Nut mylk is a delicious, nutritious, easy to prepare alternative to dairy or soy milk and has high levels of protein and other nutrients. Keep the pulp from nut or seed milks for cookies, pie crust, bread or cakes (freeze if not used within a few days).
Freely subsitute almonds with hazelnuts or brazil nuts!
- Vitamix or Blentec Blender (recommended)
- Nut milk bag or cheesecloth
- Bottle (preferably glass) with cap
1. Pour nuts into bowl and fill with filtered water so all nuts are submerged. Cover bowl with paper towel and leave to soak for 3-8hrs. Strain and rinse.
2. Add nuts to Vitamix with 3 cups of fresh filtered water and blend on high speed.
3. Pour liquid through nut milk bag into a bowl and massage to get all liquid through the bag. Store refrigerated in capped bottle.
Keeps in fridge for 3-4 days. Enjoy!!