In every Gnosis Chocolate bar, there is an unusual ingredient, an ingredient that gives our chocolates their inner sparkle, literally! Blue-green algae is its name, and while it sounds exotic, the ingredient itself is as simple as blue-green algae. We PROMISE you can't taste it!!!
This algae can only be found in the Klamath Lake in Oregon. The alga grows wild in the upper portion of this spring-fed water body.
Scientifically known as Aphanizomenon flos-aquae, it is commonly shortened to AFA-algae or just AFA.
Why do we add Blue-Green Algae?
• It is made up of: 50-70% protein and contains all essential amino acids
• It contains Vitamins: A, E, cyanocobalamin, niacin, choline, folic acid, thiamine
• It’s also a source of: Chlorophyll, copper, magnesium, zinc, and potassium
Beyond these evident, powerful constituents, AFA-algae is loved for the following properties:
• Possibly preventing and treating cancer and viral infections
• Helping weight loss.
• Lowering cholesterol in some
You can find this in all of our bars, or from the Bulk Ingredients page!